Last Updated: April 30, 2013
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California “Shine the Light Act,” if you reside in California and have an established business relationship with us, you have the right to receive information about our online and offline opt-out/opt-in policies of sharing your Personal Information with affiliated entities or non-affiliated third parties, such as our advertisers, sponsors and promotional partners (collectively, “Advertisers”) for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to learn about our opt-out/opt-in policies, please send your written request following the instructions below. We will not accept requests via the telephone or facsimile.
- We may not be able to respond to requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- For all requests, include your full name, street address, city, state and zip code, and the name of the Services to which you are requesting the information.
- In your email request, you must state “Re: Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your postal request, you must send a letter or post card to:
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Administrator/Your California Privacy Rights
2619 Western Boulevard
Raleigh, NC 27606
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from CBC and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
Privacy of Children
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, CapitolBroadcasting.com does not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 14 to register for the site or provide us with any personally identifying information. In no other way do we knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on CapitolBroadcasting.com from persons under 14 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 14. If CapitolBroadcasting.com learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 14 years of age has been collected, then CapitolBroadcasting.com will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are under the age of 14, please do not attempt to register to use this site. Because of the nature of this site, information collected from a child aged 14-17 is used solely for the purpose of reviewing skills and interest against job openings at CBC and for reporting purposes as may be required by law.
Information Collection and Use by CapitolBroadcasting.com
The information we collect falls into two categories: (1) user-provided personal information such as information that you provide to us when you register to use our Web site, and (2) certain anonymous information that we collect as you navigate through the CapitolBroadcasting.com pages. Below is a description of each type of information we collect and how we use it:
- Registration Information Anyone may visit CapitolBroadcasting.com and read its contents. Job applicant users must register. In our registration process, we require you to provide your e-mail address, zip code, gender and year of birth or other personal information. We use this information to create a unique registration profile for you, to communicate with you regarding your registration, and to verify that you are not under the age of 14. We also ask you to provide your address and certain demographic information. This information will help us evaluation your skills and interests against job descriptions. Once you register with CapitolBroadcasting.com and sign in to our site, you are not anonymous to us.
- Browser-Level Information When you visit CapitolBroadcasting.com, our web server automatically collects limited information about your computer configuration, such as the type of browser software you use and the operating system you’re running and your IP address. So CapitolBroadcasting.com does log non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, from users and visitors to the site. This data is used to manage the website, track usage and improve the website services. Where applicable, this non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services to members. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes. We use this information to make our site as useful as we can for as many users as possible.
Disclosure of Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. CapitolBroadcasting.com will not rent, sell, or share your personal information with unaffiliated companies or people except (1) as necessary to provide you with products or services you’ve requested, (2) when we have your permission, or (3) as follows:
- We may disclose your personal information to trusted partners who work on behalf of CapitolBroadcasting.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help us serve you. However, these companies are not allowed to share this information or to use it for their own purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process received by CapitolBroadcasting.com, whether or not a response is required by applicable law.
- We may disclose your personal information to protect the rights, property or safety of members of the CapitolBroadcasting.com community, other visitors to our site, our advertisers and other customers, the public, or Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., and its employees.
- As our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event that Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., or some or all of our assets are acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
Links To Other Sites
Archiving and Storage
All CapitolBroadcasting.com postings may be stored in our database, even after deletion from the site. Our web logs and other records may be stored indefinitely. In addition, search engines and other sites not affiliated with CapitolBroadcasting.com may cache or archive postings from CapitolBroadcasting.com, and may make such postings available for viewing on their sites. (For example, some search engines take a snapshot of each web page examined by the search engine as it crawls the web, and may cache these pages as a backup in case the original page is unavailable. Search engine users can view the cached pages simply by clicking on the “cached” link.) We have no control over this.
Information we gather on CapitolBroadcasting.com is stored within CapitolBroadcasting.com-controlled databases (or databases hosted on our behalf) on servers maintained in protected environments, and we limit access to your personal information to CapitolBroadcasting.com employees who we believe need to see that information to provide you with services or otherwise do their jobs. However, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply to us won’t be intercepted during transmission over the Internet. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your CapitolBroadcasting.com account, especially on a shared computer, by logging out when you are finished using our site. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time.
Contacting Us with Questions
If you see something on CapitolBroadcasting.com that you consider inappropriate or abusive, please let us know immediately.