- 409 Blackwell St. Durham, NC 27701
- TICKETS: 919.956.BULL
- PHONE: 919.687.6500
- FAX: 919.687.6560
- SOCIAL MEDIA ADDRESSES:
The Durham Bulls have enjoyed a long history in Durham, NC. Made internationally famous by the Kevin Costner-Susan Sarandon flick Bull Durham, the minor league team is currently the Triple-A affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays.
The Bulls have set several records for attendance and are widely known for being an affordable family-friendly venue. Mascot Wool E. Bull not only entertains the crowd but works hard to support education, along with the Bulls’ many other community projects.
The most recognized name in minor league baseball thanks to the hit movie “Bull Durham,” the Durham Bulls have played a significant role in the development of the Triangle community since 1902. The team plays a 144-game schedule as a member of the International League and the Triple-A Affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays. Capitol Broadcasting Company purchased the team in 1990 and built them a new home, Durham Bulls Athletic Park, in 1995. For over a century the Bulls have offered affordable family entertainment to fans in the Triangle and beyond with a strong brand of baseball, great food, childrens’ areas, mascots and special events throughout the summer.
The team won its first championship as a member of the North Carolina State League in 1917 and has since won 11 more, including three League Championships and a National Title since making the jump to Triple-A in 1998. Several prominent Major League players have donned the Bulls jersey, including Hall of Famer Joe Morgan, Bob Boone, Greg Luzinski, Ron Gant, David Justice, Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones, Carl Crawford, Evan Longoria, David Price, Chris Archer and Wil Myers.
Along with an impressive history of on-field accomplishments, the Bulls play a major role in their community with programs such as the Durham Bulls Youth Athletic League, Explorer Post 50, Habitat for Humanity Cycling and many others. Civic organizations volunteer at ballpark concession stands to raise money for their organizations, team mascot Wool E. Bull makes over 300 appearances in the community per year, and the team donates thousands of tickets each season for charitable events.
- International League Governors’ Cup Champions (2013)
- PETA’s Most Vegetarian-Friendly Minor League Ballparks (2013)
- Largest State Baseball Crowd in NC History, NC State v. Carolina ACC Tournament Game (May 2013)
- #2 AAA Ballpark, Stadium Journey Magazine (2013)
- Triple-A National Champions (2009)
- International League Governors’ Cup Champions (2009)
- International League Executive of the Year, General Manager Mike Birling (2003)
- International League Governors’ Cup Champions (2003)
- Raleigh Hot Stove League Board of Directors Special Achievement Award (2003)
- International League Governors’ Cup Champions (2002)
Our Mission: To present baseball, The Great American Pastime, as affordable family entertainment with a commitment to customer and community service, ethical business practices and the professional growth of our employees.
STATEMENT FROM THE VP/GENERAL MANAGER
“The Durham Bulls have been a Triangle Tradition for over 100 years. For the Bulls it’s all about customer service and community involvement. Our staff is committed to affordable family entertainment.”
– Mike Birling, General Manager, email@example.com, (919) 687-6509