- 2619 Western Blvd. Raleigh, 27603
- PHONE: 919.821.8555
- FAX: 919.821.8803
- SOCIAL MEDIA ADDRESSES:
WRAL Digital (the division legally known as CBC New Media Group, LLC), builds and operates digital news and information platforms. The company delivers rich, locally-oriented content and sales and marketing solutions on desktop browsers, tablets and mobile phones. Click the logos to learn more about our products!
The flagship property, WRAL.com, delivers more than 100 million page views to more than 4 million unique visitors each month. Local and international news, up-to-date weather, sports, business, traffic and entertainment. The site has one of the highest market penetration rates among all media sites in the country, reaching more than half of adults at least once a month. That makes WRAL.com a go-to choice for brand advertisers and small- and medium-sized businesses
Established August, 2008, High School OT Provides exclusive highlights and live reports of high school sports in the WRAL viewing area.
WRAL Digital Solutions is a dedicated digital marketing team that specializes in Website Design, Social Media Management, Email Campaigns, SEO, Google AdWords, Online Display Campaigns, Copywriting, Graphic Design, Video Production, and Content Strategy.
WRAL Tech Wire delivers the most timely and comprehensive daily report of news and information about the high tech, life sciences, entrepreneurial and venture capital/financing in the Carolinas and Georgia.
WRAL Mobile brings you the best of WRAL’s reporting and technology resources to the palm of your hand.
Find a movie, restaurant, band, concert or festival on WRAL.com’s Out & About
MORE FROM OUR CBC NEW MEDIA FAMILY:
Established in 2005, CBC New Media Group brought several of CBC’s existing technology ventures under one umbrella and quickly expanded to new technology creations.
Key milestones include:
- December 2019 – CBC New Media rebrands to WRAL Digital
- Feb. 1, 2006 – CBC New Media launches landmark Apollo Project, later renamed TotalCast, with Decisionmark Corp., experimenting with new technology to enable local viewers to view their local television stations on the Internet.
- March 1, 2006 – CBC New Media Group launches its web site
- March 27, 2006 – CBC and Que Pasa Media Network announced plans for a joint venture to better serve the state’s burgeoning Hispanic population with local news, information and entertainment programming.
- December 2006 – WRAL.com launches new, streamlined design and homegrown content management system and serving infrastructure after moving off the Internet Broadcasting System platform, where the site had been hosted since April 2001.
- July 21, 2008 – WRAL-TV & CBC’s New Media Group began the first field tests of Mobile TV in the Raleigh-Durham television market with the use of Mobile Pedestrian Handheld (MPH) prototypes.
- August 2008 – HighSchoolOT.com goes live, with a focus on high school sports in the WRAL viewing area.
- October 2008 – WRALSportsFan.com launches, combining the sports reporting power of WRAL-TV, WRAL.com and 99.9 FM The Fan.
- January 2009 – WRAL iPhone app ranks No. 9 among free news apps in just three weeks.
- April 2009 – WRAL.com launches Out & About, a comprehensive guide to dining, music, nightlife and other entertainment options in Central North Carolina.
- April 14, 2009 – Mobile digital television broadcasting joins forces with public transit as Raleigh, WRAL and the CBC New Media Group launch the first public deployment of mobile digital TV in a Capital Area Transit bus. The venture delivers real-time digital television and interactive data to CAT buses.
- December 22, 2010 – WRAL.com passes milestone of serving more than 1 billion page views in a calendar year.
- March 26, 2012 – CBC reshapes and expands News Over Wireless as StepLeader.
- April 2012 – CBC Audience Network unveiled, offering behavioral targeting, retargeting and reach extension programs for advertisers.
- Sept. 13, 2012 – WRAL became the first commercial television station in the nation to demonstrate a new technology called the Mobile Emergency Alert System.
- February 2013 – WRAL.com creates method to insert unique commercial spots into its live newscast stream, creating a new advertising opportunity and a better streaming experience
- April 8, 2013 – CBC New Media launches WRAL Weather Alert app, which quickly ranks among the top 10 free weather apps in the Apples iTunes app store
- April 13, 2013 – WRAL Tech Wire launches Insiders subscription program for access to premium content
- August 2013 – CBC Digital Elements is founded
- Nov. 9, 2006: Local Tech Wire wins NCTA Media Award
- May 2008: WRAL.com interactive hurricane tracker wins Bronze medal in Horizon Interactive Awards
- December 2008: WRAL.com wins Mid-South Regional Emmy for interactivity for Grocery Cart TrackerOctober 2009: WRAL.com wins prestigious national Murrow Award for best local TV website
- December 2009: WRAL.com wins Mid-South Regional Emmy for Continuous Coverage of nursing home shooting in Carthage, NC
- June 2010: WRAL.com wins International EPpy Award for best local TV website.
- December 2010: WRAL.com wins Mid-South Emmy for Interactivity for the O’Fishel Month of May
- 2006-2013: WRAL.com has received each of the following awards at least four times since 2006: Associated Press award for best website in NC; Radio Television Digital News Association award for best website in North and South Carolina; Regional Murrow Award for best website; Mid-South regional emmy for best website
We serve people through boundless innovation and excellence.
STATEMENT FROM THE VP/GENERAL MANAGER
“Our core mission is creating innovative digital products that meet the needs of the general public and the business community. Our flagship property, WRAL.com, has won numerous journalism awards and been recognized as a leader nationally among local media sites. We also have built advertising and marketing solutions, such as Albright Digital and CBC Audience Network, that leverage technology to solve clients’ problems and grow their bottom line.”
– Jimmy Goodmon, President & COO, Capitol Broadcasting Company, email@example.com, (919) 821-8605