The winners have been selected in the MIX 101.5 Christmas Choir Competition and will soon be coming to a television near you. While WRAL-FM continues to play to semi-finalists in their MIX of holiday music on the radio, the winning choirs have all come to WRAL-TV’s Studio A to sing for the cameras. Tune in to FOX 50 to see the winners leading up to Christmas.
The 2018 MIX 101.5 Christmas Choir Competition winners will appear during the WRAL-TV News on FOX 50 at 10:35pm on Sunday, Dec 23; Monday, Dec 24, and Tuesday, Dec 25.
Division 1 included elementary and middle schools in the MIX listening area, and Division 2 included high schools. First place took home $5,000 for their school’s choir program, while second place won $2,000, and third place won $1,000.
2018 Division 1 Winners
- 1st Place: Fuquay-Varina Elementary
- 2nd Place: Carnage Magnet Middle School
- 3rd Place: Martin GT Magnet Middle School
2018 Division 2 Winners
- 1st Place: Apex Friendship High School
- 2nd Place: Clayton High School
- 3rd Place: Knightdale High School of Collaborative Design