Ice Rink, Tower Lighting, Trosa Tree Lot, Triangle Christmas Tree Challenge Return
Community, Dignitaries, Nonprofits Come Together for the Triangle’s Biggest Holiday Celebration, 12/5, 6 p.m.
‘Art from the Heart’ Photography Winners Revealed
The American Tobacco Campus is set to ring in its 10th holiday season in 2014. After a decade of celebrations, the campus wide extravaganza remains the biggest holiday gathering in the Triangle attracting more than 100,000 people.
The Tower Lighting on December 5 will join a long list of anniversary celebrations that include a reunion of former factory workers, campus block party, Music on the Lawn concerts and the launch of Bee Downtown.
Triangle Tree Challenge
Fifty-four nonprofits will decorate trees lining the pathways of Diamond View Park starting Wednesday, Dec. 3, with Wool E. Bull arriving at 11am to root on decorators. Voting begins for the top tree, as well as other prizes, at 7 p.m. on Dec. 5 after the Tower Lighting.
Participating nonprofits include: Crayons2Calculators, American Dance Festival, Student U, Carolina Tiger Rescue, Habitat for Humanity of Durham, Keep Durham Beautiful, North Raleigh Ministries and The Scrap Exchange.
‘Art from the Heart’ Winners
As part of the campus’ 10th anniversary celebration in September, leaders asked Durham’s world renowned creative class to share their best photos of the campus. A panel of judges including representatives from campus tenants McKinney and the Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham, plus American Underground team Photofy picked the following winners:
- 1st Place – Dean Culver
- 2nd Place – Dare Kumolu Johnson
- 3rd Place – Marshall Crutchfield
Timeline of Holiday Events:
The Ice Factory at The Cage – Open Nov. 20 through February 15th
- $10 per person/per skate (skates included)
- Closed Mondays and Tuesdays for Private Parties
- Closed Christmas Day
- Located: North End of Campus adjacent to Burt’s Bees
- Parking: North Deck – 305 W. Pettigrew Street, Durham
- Wednesday-Thursday: 4-9 p.m.
- Friday: 4-11 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Sunday: 12-5 p.m.
Triangle Christmas Tree Challenge and American Tobacco Tower Lighting Schedule – Friday, December 5
- Tower Lighting Program: 6-7 pm
- Triangle Tree Challenge Lights and Voting Begins: 7-8 pm
- Voting for Trees continues through December 19, Winners revealed on December 21 on Fox 50’s 10 p.m. News
- Trees on Display through January 4
WRAL’s 26th Annual Coats for the Children Campaign
- December 3, 2014 – through Jan 4, 2015
- American Tobacco Lobby Areas
Thanks to ATC’s Valerie Ward for this capcom story & for these capcom photos.